I know I just got done ranting about how I hate to cook but here’s one recipe I can honestly say I LOVE. Not only does it combine some of my favorite ingredients like tomatoes and basil
but it’s also SUPER EASY!! And as much as I hate cooking, I do love all things EASY!
This is also the PERFECT season for this recipe since fresh basil and tomatoes will be plentiful in the upcoming months. The sauce is also very light which makes it a perfect accompaniment if you want to serve it as a side instead of a main dish. So enough rambling about my love for this dish…here’s the recipe so you can try it for yourself.
- 2 cups (1 pint) cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 9 oz. pkg. refrigerated (NOT FROZEN) ravioli (I use Buitoni)
- ¼ cup snipped fresh basil
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place tomatoes and garlic in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a large saucepan.
- Add broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil
- Add ravioli and return to boiling.
- Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in basil and top with cheese.
If you give it a try, I would love to hear what you think about it! Enjoy!!