This might be my favorite slow cooker meal of the season so far. It was super simple, no browning of meat or chopping of vegetables and there was enough food to extend a spur of the moment dinner invite to our neighbors.
- 3 lbs boneless country ribs (or boneless pork shoulder)
- 1 envelope Onion Mushroom soup mix
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1TB hot sauce
- 8 rolls (look for something between a hamburger bun & kaiser roll)
- Place pork in slow cooker.
- Combine soup mix, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar & hot sauce.
- Pour over pork and turn to coat.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours until pork is tender.
- Take out pork and shred with fork then place back in cooker to coat with remaining sauce.
- Serve on rolls.
We served this with mac & cheese, garlic broccoli salad and loaded french fries. The broccoli salad is a cold salad with raw broccoli (the only kind I can stomach) that was surprisingly well received by some smaller guests at our table. I’m linking the recipe for the broccoli over on my Facebook page so if you haven’t liked my page yet, now is the time to stop by & do so.
Thanks for stopping by & enjoy!!