Alright, I remembered to take pictures AND I’m posting on Sunday night immediately after dinner so I think it’s safe to say, I’m pretty excited about sharing this recipe with you. For this dinner, I took one of our tried and true dinners and put a slow cooker spin on it. We discovered McCormick White Chicken Chili seasoning mix a few years ago and it has been on regular rotation for our family meals since then. Following a suggestion on the packet, we usually mix a can of diced tomatoes to it to add some extra flavor, color & nutrients. What makes this meal extra easy is the fact that all the ingredients are ones that are easily kept stocked in the pantry. In my quest to throw together a slow cooker meal but avoid the holiday crowd at the super market, I decided to take the ingredients on hand and make it slow cooker style. Here’s what I came up with…
- 2 packets McCormick White Chicken Chili seasoning
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 cans cannellini beans (undrained)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- Add first 4 ingredients to slow cooker and stir.
- Layer chicken on top of mixture.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- About ½ hour before serving, shred chicken and place back into chili.
- **We like to serve it topped with shredded cheese and sour cream**
Of course, corn bread was a no brainer for this having the sweetness compliment the spiciness perfectly. Followed up by some Pumpkin Bars with Cream cheese icing and I’m writing this in a food coma right now.
If you try any of these recipes I would love hearing how they turned out. As always, hope you enjoy!!